Bernards Heath Junior School
Year 5 Summer Term News
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We hope that you had a relaxing break!
This term our main topic is Rivers and we are going to visit Hudnall Park, Berkhamsted in May.
- Every child should have a water bottle in school.
- Swimming for Year 5 is every Monday. As in previous years, children with long hair should wear a swimming cap. The instructors have reminded us that they prefer the children to not wear goggles as the lessons are focused on life-long safety skills.
- PE kit should be in school all week (main PE will now be gymnastics on Thursday).
- Home learning will continue to be sent out weekly.
- English and Maths out Friday, due in Wednesday.
- Please encourage your child to be organised and hand home learning and Reading Records in promptly.
- Information about homework can usually be found on the class blogs.
- Please ensure your child has the following basic equipment:
- Blue fibre tip pen (30p)
- Pencil (15p)
- Green pen for self marking (30p)
- Glue stick (50p)
- Whiteboard marker (30p).
- 30cm ruler (30p)
Lessons are delayed when children do not have this basic equipment.
- It is expected that children will practise their times tables at home regularly.
- Please remember children should be reading at least 5 times a week. The Reading Record should be kept up to date and signed at least once a week by an adult. Reading Records should be in school every day and will be checked every Wednesday.
Dates for your diary.
Hudnall Park Trip: Tuesday 7th May (5WB), Thursday 9th May (5B) or Friday 10th May (5H)
Non-Uniform Day for May Fair: Friday 17th May
St Albans Fun Run: Sunday 9th June. Sign up now!
Sports day: Monday 10th June (reserve day 17th June)
Synagogue Visit: Tuesday 18th June
Mrs Hall, Mrs Baker, Mrs Withers and Miss Brown